I have a fork at https://github.com/iay/spring-webflow/tree/dev/IDP-1892 which is 90% of the way (remains: POM generation) to building the current SWF under Java 17 and (required for that) Gradle 7.0. This is (probably) the hard part, just using the EE9 APIs should be straightforward at that point… unless there are other dependencies I don’t know about yet.
Aim here is not to build a production stack, but to find out what would block us from doing so. I’d hope most of the actual code I’m writing would be useable long term, but it’s not the primary goal.
This is the first thing I’ve had to do with Gradle. I find myself hating it less than Maven just now. This may just be the optimism of unfamiliarity, but its basic model is better in several ways.
SWF was very out of touch with its build system. If they do update it themselves, they might well not go the same way I did to fix the issues.
Mostly maintenance chores: spinning up a new Rocky 8 test instance and dealing with Docker/Podman silliness, SELinux silliness, AWS silliness, etc to re-test cpp-linbuild; updated Amazon Linux 2 image. Still need to re-constitute my rudimentary Jenkins instance on which to hack, and then recall where I was with Fargate-based builders before the holidays.