- Add the following parameters to the
JAVA_OPTSenvironment variable (all ### is the amount of memory in megabytes to allow for the option):
- -XX:+UseG1GC - this enables a garbage collector that reduces the memory requirements needed for larger metadata files
- -Xmx1500m - this is the maximum amount of memory that Tomcat may use, at least 1.5G is recommended for larger (>25M) metadata files
- -XX:MaxPermSize=128m - (Oracle Java 6/7 specific option) the maximum amount of memory allowed for the permanent generation object space
- Under Windows, the JAVA_OPTS variables are set via the "Manage Tomcat" application in the "Java" Tab.
- Limit the allowed size of POST submissions to any HTTP or AJP connectors (including the SOAP connector below) by adding the
maxPostSizeattribute. A size of about 100K (100000) is a reasonable choice.